Start Planning a Destination Wedding
Timetable for Planning a Destination Wedding
11 months prior
- Research possible destinations using books, the internet, and your travel consultant at Bay Winds Travel Agency.
- Consider marriage requirements at the destination.
- Select a date.
- Consider how many guests to include at your destination wedding.
- Determine how much time you will spend at the destination including pre-wedding activities, the wedding itself, and your honeymoon.
- Ask for sample pricing for wedding party and guests.
10 months prior
- Select a destination and resort.
- Contact the wedding planner to discuss details, such as your wedding package including food, photographer, flowers, ceremony location, music, and legal requirements.
- Create guest list of those family and friends you wish to invite to join you at your destination wedding.
- Distribute your destination wedding travel arrangements details as outlined by your Bay Winds Travel Consultant.
9 months prior
- Family and friends should be contacting your travel consultant to make their travel arrangements and place deposits on their reservations
8 months prior
- Create your personal wedding web page and honeymoon registry using Honeymoon Wishes provided by Bay Winds Travel Agency.
7 months prior
- Shop and make decisions regarding wedding attire for you and your wedding party.
- Discuss with your travel consultant any pre or post wedding activities for guests. Such a golf outing, spa treatments, salon appointments, welcome brunch for guests, sunset dinner cruise, or a group snorkeling adventure.
6 months prior
- Contact wedding planner to finalize details.
5 months prior
- Select welcome gifts for your family and guests as they arrive at your destination to thank them for traveling to your destination wedding. Gifts may include maps, itineraries for the wedding activities, special gifts to enhance the destination or activities planned.
4 and 3 months prior
2 months prior
- Consult with wedding planner that all the details are set and your legal papers are in order.
- Contact travel consultant to check status on those guests scheduled to travel.
1 month prior
- Secure your travel documents from your travel consultant.
- Arrange and confirm any last minute details.
- Pack your bags and head to the airport! And Relax and Enjoy!
This timetable focuses on the travel portion and wedding planning of your destination wedding. Time should be allotted for other normal pre-wedding activities, such as, purchasing wedding rings.
Prepared by Bay Winds Travel Agency Inc